Glamping, or glamour camping, has been around for quite some time and it’s a popular camping activity that includes all the added luxury and tons of fun! Imagine driving up to a campsite with your tent already set up for you. And it even comes with a comfortable bed, fluffy pillows, warm blankets, towels, fans and more!
If you’re looking for a family-friendly glamping site near the Adirondacks, then look no further! Camp Rockaway in Schuylerville is located along the beautiful banks of Lake Champlain and it’s the perfect glamping spot for the whole family.
The Glamping Experience
At Camp Rockaway, we offer safari-style canvas tents that come furnished with a queen-sized bed, a memory foam mattress, pillows, extra blankets, linens, side tables with fans, towels and lights so you can pack light!
The 10 x 12 wall tent sits on a raised wood platform with a front deck with lounge chairs, and a shaded back porch with a hammock for you to enjoy.
Families with young children can also rent teepee-style “pup” tents for them to sleep in. (We think they will enjoy playing in the tents during the day!)
On Camp Rockaway campgrounds, you can find clean bathrooms and hot showers, a communal fire pit (smores kits are available), a picnic area, board games, plenty of hammocks and more!
Family Fun Activities nearby Camp Rockaway
If the family would like to do a little exploring, rest assured there are sufficient activities to keep them occupied.
We recommend these 5 fun family-friendly activities near Camp Rockaway:
1. Walk or bike along the Old Champlain Canal Towpath. It is a part of the newly completed Empire State Trail. The path links the campground to the Village of Schuylerville!
2. Set sail on the Champlain Canal! Get onboard the Caldwell Bell – an authentic, chain-driven sternwheel paddleboat located right next to our campground!
3. Don’t forget: there is so much history around Schuylerville! Use this trip as a fun history lesson for the kids. Explore the Saratoga National Historical Park, learn about the Revolutionary War, see the Saratoga Monument and visit the famous Schuyler House!
4. If you can’t get enough of nature, head to the Hudson Crossing Park! It is a unique recreational and educational destination centered on Champlain Canal Lock 5 Island, right next to Camp Rockaway. Enjoy nature trails, fishing, birdwatching and more!
5. During harvest season, enjoy picking your own fruits at Saratoga Apple’s orchard! It will be a fun experience for the entire family!
Looking forward to a fun glamping experience with the family? We can’t wait to welcome you to Camp Rockaway!
Camp Rockaway offers a beautiful waterfront glamping site that is just a short drive away from the magnificent Adirondacks. With plenty of convenient amenities and enjoyable activities that will guarantee a memorable experience for the whole family.
Book Your Glamping Trip Near the Adirondacks Today!
So get ready to explore the beautiful outdoors in upstate New York! Call Camp Rockaway at 518-203-1269 or book here https://camprockaway.com/booking. We hope to see you when the camping season starts again!
Leave A Comment