Effective Date: March 17, 2020
Thank you for visiting us at Camp Rockaway! This policy describes the types of information that Camp Rockaway, LLC (“we”) may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.camprockaway.com (“Website“) and the practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
It provides you with information on how Camp Rockaway collects and processes your personal information and other data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you visit our site, sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product, or otherwise use our service.
This website is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us at:
- Camp Rockaway, LLC
- 157 Rockaway Beach Boulevard
- Rockaway Park, NY 11694
- (347) 916-6199
1. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect Personal Information about you when you send such information to us or automatically when you use our Site. “Personal Information” means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymous data or Aggregated Data.
We may collect, use, store and transfer additional kinds of data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, and the like.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and products and services you have ordered from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you refuse to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide you with goods or services or otherwise fulfill a transaction with you. In this case, we may have to cancel the product or service you have ordered but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
2. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes data you provide when you:
- Place an order;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- request that information, discounts, or promotional material be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- send us an email or otherwise contact us; or
- give us feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. For more information, please see the section on COOKIES below.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To meet our legal obligations to you (for example, to fulfil your order.)
- To register you as a new customer.
- To process your payments.
- To provide customer service to you.
- To request that you review our experience.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
Promotional Offers From Us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to offer products, services, or information that we think you may want or need, or that may be of interest to you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing emails at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing email sent to you or by Contacting us at any time.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
4. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
5. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. DATA RETENTION
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, you may have the right to ask us to delete your data.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
7. PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an electronic message through our Site or write us at our address listed under Contact Us above.